I may have a mild obsession with purchasing new beauty products. Face wash, moisturizer, exfoliants, powders, lipsticks… I could literally spend hours in Sephora. But this affinity for purchasing potions can be quite expensive. Since we’re in the saving mode to pay for our wedding and our student loans, I decided to try switching to some more cost effective options.
Here are some of the beauty products I’ve been digging lately…
1. CoverGirl CG Smoothers BB Cream. I was in love with the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, so when I ran out I never thought I would find something to replace it that wasn’t for Sephora. Enter this BB cream. It has the perfect amount of coverage, provides excellent moisture, and has an SPF. I may even like it a tad better….
2. Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. My skin is VERY sensitive and prone to breakouts, so I struggle to find products that are gentle enough to keep redness at bay but strong enough to keep my skin clear. Now given I do use this product with my Clairsonic face brush (which is not a budget item), it is still saving me lots of dollars each month.
3. EOS Lip Balms. Lip balm is skincare, right? I was skeptical to try these after seeing the product placement in Miley’s “We Can’t Stop” music video (below at :28), but I finally pulled the trigger and these little guys are amazing. I like the Strawberry Sorbet the best.
4. Clean and Clear Persa-Gel10. This is one product that I can hands down say works better than my expensive Sephora alternative. I’d been searching forever for a blemish spot treatment that would actually clear up my spots in a timely fashion and I did a lot of research before buying this product. 10/10, would highly recommend.
5. Coconut Oil. Yes, yes, I know. This is on virtually every beauty product list ever, but that’s just because it is so good! There’s nothing better than slathering on some coconut oil after scrubbing down with a good old homemade sugar scrub (the best). While this isn’t a SUPER cheap product, it is significantly cheaper than covering your body in La Mer.