Every year I make myself sick on candy on Halloween, and every year I swear that I’m going on a health kick until Thanksgiving. And it never happens. But not this year! I’m DETERMINED to stay healthy through the holidays and have embarked on a 5 week journey to clean out my system (minus Thanksgiving, of course), fit back into my skinniest jeans, and get back into a rhythm (10pm bed time, here I come).
To kick everything off, here’s some of my favorite health articles of late!
1. The Easiest Healthy Living Swaps Ever via The Coveteur. I seriously ask myself the majority of these questions every time I go to the grocery store. The “Almond Milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Non-Fat Milk” debate is always particularly confusing…
More great reads after the jump!
2. Sleep Better via Into The Gloss. Not all of these tips are groundbreaking, but they’re a super helpful reminder nonetheless that sleep is super important and you should do what you can to optimize your pillow time.
3. Foods That Can Help to Lower Our Anxiety Levels via Elephant Journal. While the holidays are supposed to be a time of joy, we all know that anxiety can often creep up despite all the comfy sweaters and twinkly lights (but probably partially because of the Christmas cookies). When you start feeling a little tense, snack on some of these foods.
4. 14 Ways to Lose 5 Pounds in a Week via Harper’s Bazaar. If you find yourself having sampled a few too many pumpkin spice recipes with a holiday dress to squeeze into on Saturday, this is the article for you.
5. Drinking Sugary Soda Makes Your Cells Age Faster via Huffington Post. If you’re having a hard time kicking the sugar habit, check out this study. Want to age like Christy Turlington? Consider ditching the sweet stuff. Still need more motivation? Check out more ways sugar can hurt your health (from when I tried the first time to cut back on sugar…). But I still approve of a hefty slice of apple pie from time to time!