For my wedding I received an amazing book of recipes collected from my friends and family (thanks for putting that together, Krista!) and have been super excited to sort through all of the deliciousness. This past weekend for Father’s Day my dad and uncle smoked ribs and I just knew that I needed to bring Krista’s “Nudelsalat” (German Pasta Salad – she’s German). Not only was it so easy to make, but it was also so easy to make gluten and dairy-free for my allergic family members! Despite rushing around and only taking two crappy ingredient pictures, I promise that this is a delicious recipe.
Note: Krista makes this from memory, so she estimated amounts – feel free to put your own spin on quantities depending on your own taste!
- 4 tbsp mayonaise (or Vegenaise)
- 4 tbsp ranch dressing (or vegan ranch dressing)
- 4 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1/2 box bow tie or spiral pasta (or gluten-free rice pasta)
- 1 chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 bag frozen sweet corn, thawed (I used 1/2 can)
- Cook pasta (make sure to salt the water!) and strain
- Whisk together all wet ingredients
- Stir in corn, apple, and pasta
I told you it was easy – now you have to try it to see how delicious it is!